côté plongée > environment > did you know?
Did You Know?
- Duration of biodegradation
- paper: 2 to 4 weeks
- Can: 200 to 500 years
- Plastic: 100 to 1000 years
- The dolphin is threatened primarily by the heavy metal and plastic bags which suffocate them.
The Sanctuaire Pelagos is maritime sanctuary for the protection of marine mammals which come often. As an agreement among Italy, Monaco and France, it covers 87,500 km² in the north of Rome, at Sardinia and till Hyère. It establishes the only example in the world of a marine area protected from the zones under local governments’ juridiction.
- 75% of the marine pollution comes from the continent.
- Total quantity of water on the planet is constant from 4.4 billion years ago.
- The posidonia covers 0.1% of the bottom of Mediterranean Sea.
- The collection period of sea urchin in the Alpes Maritimes (06) is allowed from 1 November to 15 April. It is prohibited during the end of spring and summer. Consult the website of DDTM.
- Water pollution due to the use of anti-fouling paint which contains heavy metal, direct discharge of waste and hydrocarbons into the sea.
- Regression of certain species due to selective fishing, hunting and improper collection.
- Regression of posidonia caused especially by water pollution and by repetitive anchoring.
- The Caulerpa taxifolia and Caulerpa racemosa eliminate the fixed animal and other algaes by recovering them and without replacing existing source of nutrition.